Imagine you are learning about Hispanic/Latino heritage for the very first time. What would you be curious to know about the traditions, foods, music, or celebrations?

 Writing prompt: If it were my first time hearing about Hispanic/Latino heritage, I would be curious about their traditions and foods. I am a very big food person, so I would be very willing to try all. I want to know how their seasonings differ from mine and how I can apply them to mine as well. Additionally, I would be very curious about their traditions. The majority of people do celebrate the same traditions like birthdays, singing the song, or Christmas, giving presents, and putting up a tree. I want to know what other traditions do they do, how can I be a part of it? 


Summary: Today in class, we saw a video about a boy and his mother moving to the USA. Then we answered 6 questions about the video. 


Reflection: Today i learned how much my mother worked hard to give me the best life. Sometimes I would take it for granted and throw it away. However, I know now how grateful I should be and honor her. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a time when you were judged unfairly.

Pretend you are writing a blog entry as Celie; the moment you uncover the hidden letters. Describe what you would think, say, and do, and how this discovery would reshape how you see Mister and yourself. Reflect on why this moment would matter so much and how it would change your next choices.

After reading the first five letters of The Color Purple, reflect on your thoughts and emotions as you experienced Celie’s early voice and struggles