What is the most challenging part of writing an essay for you? Is it brainstorming, organizing ideas, writing a strong thesis, or something else? How do you plan to overcome this challenge?

  writing prompt: The most challenging part of writing an essay is trying not to lose what I am explaining. Depending on what the essay is about, I tend to write and write but get side tracked. Another thing that I struggle with is building  strong claim. I don't start writing my essay until I'm 10 minutes in. I think it may be brainstorming in general that I struggle with. However, what I must do is, it does not matter if it's random, but jotting down, in the moment, what I am thinking about for my essay. Then narrow it down from there. 


Summary: Today in class, we took notes 


Reflection; Today I learned the steps I need to take in order to write a strong essay. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a time when you were judged unfairly.

Pretend you are writing a blog entry as Celie; the moment you uncover the hidden letters. Describe what you would think, say, and do, and how this discovery would reshape how you see Mister and yourself. Reflect on why this moment would matter so much and how it would change your next choices.

After reading the first five letters of The Color Purple, reflect on your thoughts and emotions as you experienced Celie’s early voice and struggles