Why is drafting an essential step in the writing process rather than going straight to a final version? Use your own experience from this essay to explain how drafting improved (or revealed weaknesses in) your thinking.

 Writing prompt: Writing a draft, in my opinion, is writing down the first thing that is on your mind. Regardless of it being good or bad, it is a start that can be the head start to writing your full essay. Also, getting the feedback of how you can make your essay stronger. When I personally draft any essay, even though I know it is a draft, I put so much thought into it so that it is perfect. It is a good mindset however, the draft is not supposed to be perfect. I like to write drafts because it gives me a gist of how I want my writing to be. However, it takes so long for me to write one because of the amount of effort I put into it. 

Summary: Today in class we wrote a first draft for our Wild Argumentative essay. 

Reflection: Today in class I learned why writing a first draft is important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about a time when you were judged unfairly.

Pretend you are writing a blog entry as Celie; the moment you uncover the hidden letters. Describe what you would think, say, and do, and how this discovery would reshape how you see Mister and yourself. Reflect on why this moment would matter so much and how it would change your next choices.

After reading the first five letters of The Color Purple, reflect on your thoughts and emotions as you experienced Celie’s early voice and struggles